Tender, proposal, and business pitch experts
Proposal(defn): Request for Tender (RFT), Request for Proposal (RFP), Pre-Qualification Questionnaire (PQQ), Invitation to Tender (ITT), Expressions of Interest (EOI) and client Capability Statements.
Here are four reasons why JWPM – Industrial Strength Marketing should be your first choice...
- Years of experience
- Expert team
- We understand technical products and services
- We understand business-to-business sales and marketing
I know what you’re thinking – “what about hit rate?”
At JWPM we don’t promise by engaging our services you will win your bid; however, we can promise you - we will improve your chances.
Why clients ask for help
Our experience is clients don’t come to us because they think they don’t have a chance. We get called in for the following reasons...
- You need additional horsepower; your tender team has been swamped and you need expert assistance.
- You’ve received feedback your tenders lack professional presentation.
- You are submitting for a “game changing project” and you want to give yourself the best chance of success.
- You want to improve your internal bid and proposal writing processes; you want skills transfer.
- You need more than just tender writing and polishing, you need to think about the whole strategic selling process.
- You are capable of writing tenders but you need assistance polishing the text and presentation.
- You are inexperienced at tenders and need assistance.
Services and expertise
Whatever your need, JWPM will provide you with professional, experienced and committed resources to deliver...
- Tender evaluation and review of requirements.
- Decision making: should we have a shot at this or let it go?
- Bid strategy: Development of company value proposition, key messages, bid delivery team/CRM (Client Relationship Management) strategy, pricing strategy.
- Bid writing: Content authoring and coordination with SME’s (Subject Matter Experts).
- Professional bid package: Graphic design, editing, proofing, publishing, compliance review.
- Tender polishing: You write it – we clean-up the copy, make sure you have answered all requirements and if required, make it look professional.
- Presentation: Sometimes you have the opportunity to present your proposal face-to-face. We work with you to produce a first class presentation and coach your presenters.
- Proposal systems: Is the whole process of bidding, from simple costings to high-end tender writing, a constant drama? We can review your entire process and streamline it into a smooth workflow and provide training.
- Billion dollar bids: We have a team member who has depth of experience working on large scale projects selling to large corporates and governments internationally.
- Pre-tender positioning: Old marketing jungle saying “if the first time you hear about the tender is when its advertised, you’ve already lost.” The most successful companies are often talking to the customer before they write the tender specification; already positioning themselves as the preferred tenderer. At JWPM we work with management teams to create a business development culture and develop the skills, systems and mindset to get positioned as the preferred tenderer.
- Strategic positioning: Most organisations are totally reactive to the market, becoming the organisation clients have shaped rather than setting a strategic direction and positioning for work best suiting their capability and resources. An external review of your organisation combined with a market opportunity scan will allow you to decide your own future instead of shooting at anything that moves.
Tenders need resources
Responding to a client request for proposal is integral to a company’s sales and client relationship effort. It’s a valuable opportunity to win ongoing business and/or cement an existing relationship.
Responding to a proposal request, however, requires a serious commitment in terms of time and resources.
A formalised and disciplined approach to the assessment, planning and preparation of a proposal response is, therefore, required to maximise bid success. JWPM provides professional pre and post tender consulting services to assist with the development of a bid strategy; tender and proposal writing, document design production and tender process review. We regularly assist our clients to win large projects, improve their bidding capacity and processes, and improve the presentation standard of their tender documentation.
We offer a full bid consulting service, providing coordination and project management of the entire tendering process.
We don’t have to be involved from start to finish, however. We have worked on many tenders and proposals where we have simply been asked to review the final product and provide editing to improve written content, graphics and to provide final proof reading.
We have worked on hundreds of bids and proposals over the years, across sectors including Projects, Construction & Infrastructure; Energy, Oil and Gas; Manufacturing; Government, Defence, Aerospace, Security, CCTV, Food processing, Communications, Health, Facilities management, Legal and Financial services.
Joanne has written more tenders than she cares to remember. During her career she has worked as part of in-house bid teams for engineering firms (Wallbridge & Gilbert, Fulton Hogan), Law firm (Minter Ellison), and worked as a tender consultant for many ad-hoc projects. Joanne is ‘tech-savvy’ and isn’t scared of writing supporting copy full of technical terminology and concepts.
Joanne is quite often “parachuted in” to client organisations to work alongside in-house bid teams to either add capacity, cover for a team member who is on leave or to project manage bids.
Justin is an industrial marketing professional with over 30 years’ experience working on pitches, tenders, proposals and presentations. Dating back to advertising agency days where he worked on numerous new business pitches, at ATCO Industries working on proposals for mining camp and housing park projects.
He has assisted clients pitch for “must win” projects, pre-qualification presentations, and routine tenders. He works with business development people to train them on “solution selling” & “strategic selling” and advises on bid processes, improving hit rates and helping clients steer their organisations to more lucrative market segments.
Greg Tunny is our “billion-dollar man”. His biggest pitch was the AUD$5 billion Air Warfare Destroyer tender submitted in 2004 while CEO of the Australian Submarine Corporation.
Greg also pitched to install China’s air traffic control system while working for Thales. It took 3 years but was worth USD$420 million.
He has experience both on the selling team and buying team sides. He has experience in defence & aerospace, information technology & software, shipbuilding/marine, advanced manufacturing, water infrastructure, industrial and medical device sectors. Greg has experience with large organisations, entrepreneurial SMEs and start-ups.
Belinda is our in-house graphic designer and we turn to her when we need expert tender, proposal and presentation design. Belinda drives the full suite of image manipulation, design and publishing software and can “MAC-up” tenders faster than we can write them.
With a results orientated approach, Belinda oversees concepts that strategically align with client and campaign objectives. Her range of technical and marketing skills, along with her ability to work with clients and project teams to deliver great outcomes, delivers value to the JWPM team.
References and track record
Our clients value confidentiality.
So, while we would like to brag here about the projects we’ve worked on; our clients might not be happy to see themselves talked about in the public domain. However, once we’ve meet you, we can easily supply you with more than enough referees to contact.
Your next step
Our team is ready to take on your next project or to provide advice on how to become better at pitching and win more business.
It costs nothing for an initial consultation.