IT Strategy & Consulting
IT Consulting services to leverage the best in Information Technology to drive innovation and competitive advantage.
IT delivers cost savings, and improves consistency of outcomes; keys to building competitive advantage. However, business automation is often a painful, disruptive process. JWPM provides consulting services to make the transition smoother and more effective.
Information Technology is now firmly implanted in business and industry as a key driver for product innovation, operations cost reduction, speed of delivery, quality outcomes, tracking reporting and analysis.
Billions are being invested in IT driven by compelling business cases.
However, there are many offerings in the market place, all promising to deliver the newest, the best, and the most future proof outcomes. Nobody promotes their solution as being anything but the latest and the best.
With opportunity comes problems…
- Many organisations hold the belief that IT is a cost instead of the key to dynamic product and market innovation.
- Lack of understanding that IT is a business cost reducer through automation/robotics/AI
- Concern that IT systems are not robust/scalable/performant enough to cope with business expansion
- Uncertainty of the direction forward for existing systems - are they appropriate and if not, how would we look to move beyond them?
- Issues with quality, velocity and scale of change to existing business processes and systems to enable those changes
- Concerns that the organisation isn’t maximising the benefits of having implemented new ways of working (Agile, DevOps, Lean)
Migrating to new IT platforms, either from manual processes or from legacy IT systems is costly. The high cost demands a clear business case based on a strategic intent, with clearly defined benefits and expected outcomes.
Articulating and documenting these outcomes and developing a plan for delivering them is the foundation of an IT Strategic Plan.
Most organisations run lean teams and therefore neither have the spare capacity or skill sets to develop an effective IT Strategy.
Consulting services to deliver optimum outcomes
JWPM provides consulting services to enable organisations to navigate through the IT information gathering, analysis and decision making process to develop an IT strategic plan and implementation which …
- leverages IT/Technology as an innovation platform
- implements process and cultural shift to drive product development through experimentation - leveraging speed and agility in IT systems development
- develops and implements effective IT strategies/technologies to enhance growth both internally and externally
- identifies the industry and technology trends that will drive ‘future’ markets for an organisation
- assesses current state and supports uplift of Software delivery processes, technologies and culture
- provides confidence around the risk associated with engagement in large scale transformation and implementation projects.
Navigating an IT upgrade is time-consuming and has the inherent risk of having to live with making the wrong decision.
If you have a strategic IT problem to solve, speak to JWPM. We have the skills and expertise to solve your IT problems.
We provide independent consulting to solve the following common IT problems…
- Review of IT requirements, gap analysis, and future needs to build a detailed requirements specification.
- System architecture
- Risk analysis
- Build or buy?
- Vendor selection
- Implementation planning
- Vendor contract hardening and assurance
- IT business case writing